------------------------ Psychology Archives - The Wellness Fountain ------------------------

Teen Depression +

Teenage angst or something more serious? Teenage angst and cynicism is often regarded a normal passage through which the adolescent passes. However, we also know that a growing number of adolescents have significant sy

+

I get a tonne of questions from loved ones regarding the subtle signs of depression and anxiety . Commonly we are aware of the more tell tale signs, but concerned loved ones are worried that they may be missing more subt

+

My daughter left me once again this morning to begin a new school year.  I was a little sad to lose her to school again. I quite enjoy the days we can take a lazy, slow breakfast before heading out for a wonder or play

Mindful Wellbeing +

Last month I was excited to be at the Association for Contextual Behavioural Sciences Annual World Conference in Berlin where Dr Richard Davidson, distinguished neuroscientist and author, gave a talk about his scientifi

+

A few years ago I was complaining to my cousin about how much I dislike my hair. I have the type of hair that looks fabulous if I shampoo, condition, use treatment, add frizz retardant, then section carefully  into

+

Many happiness researchers  have discovered that about 60% of your happiness comes from things that are within your control. The other 40%... well... that is influenced by genetic/personality and contextual factors - n

+

Not too long ago I experienced my 128,743rd "parent-fail" moment. It was the evening before my daughter's new friend's birthday party. In the midst of organising and confirming a grandparent's availability to take her to